Islam’s Care for People with Disabilities
- Muslims believe that being disabled is a test from Allah in this life, and therefore can be a blessing in disguise.
- Every disabled person should be patient and live up to this challenge.
- People with disabilities have been gifted with other talents and capabilities.
- People with special needs should be given due respect and attention. They should be cared for. All their needs should be fulfilled and they should not be isolated as they are an integral part of the society.
- Both individuals and communities must try their best to help them with whatever means they have.
- Schools are to be established for those people to qualify them to be active members in their respected communities.
- Job opportunities that fit their health conditions should be provided.